Working Group Evidence based Primary and Interdisciplinary Care (EPIC)
Realization of systematic reviews and meta-analyses, development of guidelines and recommendations for primary care
You are here:
We focus on areas of primary care needing improvement and their interfaces with other levels of care and specialties. Based on this, we conduct systematic reviews, meta-analyses and develop guidelines and recommendations for primary care. Our main areas of interest are respiratory diseases, acute care, chronic renal failure, mental health and social medicine.
Systematic reviews and meta-analyses
- Health care interventions
- Acute medicine in primary care and at the sectoral interface
- Respiratory diseases
- Mental Health
- Meta-research and research methodology
Contact: Felix Holzinger
- Respiratory diseases
- Ear, nose, throat diseases
- Renal diseases
- Evidence synthesis and evaluation
Contact: Karen Krüger
Project and activities
- GUIDAGE CKD start of project 09/2022
- Implementation of the DEGAM S3 guideline "acute and chronic cough"
Current mandate memberships:
- S3 Guideline Tonsillitis (DGHNO)
- S2k Guideline Adeniod vegetations (DGHNO)
- S2k Obstructive bronchiolitis in infants and children (DGPJ)
- S3 Community-acquired pneumonia in infancy and childhood (DGPJ)
- Networking with other institutes of general practice engaged in guideline work
- Conflicts of interest
- Aspects of social medicine in guideline work
- Update of the DEGAM S3 guideline "sore throat"
- Update of the DEGAM S3 guideline "acute and chronic cough"
- Mandate for the S3 guideline "treatment of adults with community-acquired pneumonia"
Networks in Germany
- DEGAM Standing Committee for guidelines
- German Network for Evidence-Based Medicine (guidelines working group)
- Association of the Scientific Medical Societies in Germany (AWMF)
- Cooperation with other scientific medical societies: DEGAM, DGP, DGI, DGHNOHKC, DGPI, DGKJ
- Holzinger F, Fahrenkrog S, Roll S, Kleefeld F, Adli M, Heintze C. Discharge management strategies and post-discharge care interventions for depression - Systematic review and meta-analysis. J Affect Disord. 2017 Dec 1;223:82-94. doi: 10.1016/j.jad.2017.07.026. Epub 2017 Jul 11. PMID: 28734149.
- Krüger K, Gehrke-Beck S, Heintze C, Holzinger F. Acute Cough in Adult Patients. Z Allg Med. 2022;98:169–77.
- Krüger K, Holzinger F, Trauth J, Koch M, Heintze C, Gehrke-Beck S:Clinical practice guideline: Chronic cough. Dtsch Arztebl Int 2022; 119: 59–65. DOI: 10.3238/arztebl.m2021.0396
- Krüger K, Oltrogge JH. Sore Throat – Guideline-based Diagnostics and Therapy. Z Allg Med. 2022;98:126–32.
- Krüger K, Töpfner N, Berner R, Windfuhr J, Oltrogge JH. Sore Throat. Deutsches Ärzteblatt International. 2021;118(11):188.